Smart home technology is truly amazing as it’s now capable of becoming your animal-sitters. As much as we want our pets with us all the time, there are times where we can’t bring them. Back then, you would need to hire a sitter or by leaving them in a hotel for animals. Fortunately for us, we can now set up our smart homes to do pet duties while we’re out of town!
So, how can home automation make it work? It’s quite easy once you have started your smart home the right way. If you have pets inside your home and you want to try smart home technology, we will help you out with the things you will need for your home network.
Smart Home Technology for Pets
Whenever holiday season comes, we tend to go places and leave our fluffy best friends without real assurance about their wellbeing. Let us break that cycle and become responsible pet owners. While smart home technology is not your total solution to making it work, it’s still a great compromise considering of the things it can do for your pets.
Smart Home Technology for pets – What You Need
Here are some of the things you will need in order to properly set up your smart home for your pets:
- Smart Home Controller – the smart home controller acts as the main hub of your network. It is the device you will use to interact with other smart home devices within your network. If you are on a tight budget, you will find the Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus USB Z-Stick to be a great option for what you need. However, if you have a budget, you’re better off with the Fibaro Home Center 2 Controller as it has all the bells and whistles you will ask for a smart home controller.
- A Smart Home Multi–Sensor – A smart home multi-sensor is your ultimate solution into knowing the whereabouts of your pets. Having good multi-sensors placed around your home will ensure that they won’t be in places they shouldn’t go to. One of the best multi-sensors in the market today is the Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5 MultiSensor. For the price and performance, you can never go wrong with the
- A Smart Home Camera – the best thing about smart home technology is that you can watch your pets even if you’re away from home. Nothing makes you feel happier seeing your dog playing on your backyard or seeing your cat sleeping on her bed. With a smart home camera, you will be able to see everything (assuming you placed one in every corner of your house). These smart home cameras can help you with what you will need.
- A Smart Door for Pets – One of the biggest challenges when you’re away from home is to take them to their potty spot. With a smart door for pets, you won’t have to worry about potty-related accidents anymore. By setting a routine for your pets, you can never go wrong with this smart home technology.
- Smart Food and Water Dispenser – having a great smart home food and water dispenser for your pets is pretty much the ultimate solution to keeping your pets hydrated and healthy. By setting up routines, you will never have to worry about your pets starving whenever you’re away.